How Do You Know When to Say No?

Currently reading:
How Do You Know When to Say No?

How do you know when to say no? You have your answer ready, yes, a yes, and no. Yes, means that you would like to do it or act in a certain way but you are not sure about it and no means that you would not like to do or behave in a certain way. This is the same in saying yes and no. And yes means that you would like to do something but you are unsure whether it would be good for you or not.

how do you know when to say NO
We can take this another step further. Yes, means you would say yes and no would mean you would say no. So, if I tell you that I would like to go out for dinner but I am not sure about the restaurant you would agree with me right away and then say no. But what would happen if I told you that the restaurant was very expensive and you do not want to go there because it is a trap and there is no point. So, would you still agree? Obviously yes, because you do want to eat out anyway.

If you want to stay at home all day long and watch your favorite TV program you would probably say yes to every request. This is because you want to watch your favorite TV program of course. But what happens if you were to ask your husband or wife that you do not want to watch TV at night after 10 PM because it is too late for you. You would probably get an answer like I do not want to sleep with the lights on or go to bed at odd hours. Your spouse probably would not agree, because that is not what he or she wants.

So, when you want to say no to something do you also have to say yes to things that are beneficial to you. You cannot say no to a project that you think is really important because it will make you feel bad if you do not say yes to it. So, how do you know when to say yes?

First, you need to realize that saying no to some projects is necessary. For example, if you are not happy about doing the laundry then you need to say no. It will be very hard for you to continue doing laundry without saying no. Otherwise, you will not be getting any work done and you will be wasting time.

Secondly, you would need to assess whether it is worth it for you to complete a particular project. Sometimes you would find it better to say no than to do it. There are many times that we just need to stop something so that we can attend to another matter. You cannot afford to be late for work again because you did not get the required work done in time.

The same is true for many home repairs. You might need a garage door repaired or you may need some lighting fixtures fixed. If you were to ignore these projects you would never get them finished. You would be risking being late with your work, being late with your relationships, and being late with your job.

If you are planning to have someone do a project for you must ask them if it would be okay for you to be present during the work. You need to make sure that you understand fully how the job will be done. If you do not understand what is required of you will never be happy with the end result. Saying no to some projects is essential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Products and services

Live Streams

61,838 Viewers
AdinRoss
AdinRoss
very old 5'4 gamer dad plays rp to get away from real life !sub !prime
Grand Theft Auto V
48,507 Viewers
xQcOW
xQcOW
[Nopixel WL] INSANELY SKILLED AND GIFTED GAMER DESTROYS ANY HOPE FOR THE DOUBTERS TO TAKE OVER. GENIUS WARLORD COMMANDER MAN WINS
Grand Theft Auto V
45,600 Viewers
NICKMERCS
NICKMERCS
Fraggin' | Code: MFAM | @NICKMERCS
Apex Legends
29,303 Viewers
Trainwreckstv
Trainwreckstv
18+ IF BIG W, BIG GIVEAWAY - PS DONT GAMBLE #ad | !twitter | !youtube | !podcast
Slots
27,130 Viewers
loltyler1
loltyler1
hard WORKER IS key ! alway soon to be for the life of WIN . period that why !! BEST ! BEST !!!!!
League of Legends
15,438 Viewers
summit1g
summit1g
max payne til i can start BOOSTING RIDES. Merch dropped summit1g.gg [ @summit1g ]
Max Payne 3
14,486 Viewers
buddha
buddha
Lang Buddha - NoPixel | !website !tiktok
Grand Theft Auto V